Time is going so fast and I still can’t believe it was 17 years ago I was worried about the Y2K bug!
I have such an exciting year ahead with loads of fun opportunities just around the corner. I will be teaching at the 2017 AGIG camp in 3 weeks, to which you can still buy a ticket here. There will be over 100 women from Australia and all around the world, so you’d be crazy to miss it.
Many comps are planned for the first half of the year including some fun international assignments. I am also organising a seminar tour in Korea and I literally can’t wait to get over there.
My knee rehab is going great, training is in full force, I’m getting strong from lifting and I am feeling more and more confident in my BJJ.
Over the very short Xmas break I’ve had time to sit down and reflect on 2016 and make some goals for 2017. In short, I am proud of myself in how far I’ve come in the last year on a personal and professional level. I pushed my limits this year so much that I thought I would fail many times. But instead I got stronger.
Most memorable experiences of 2016 include:
- Competing at Abu Dhabi World Pro in a mixed brown/black division for the first time.
- Fighting my idols in Abu Dhabi and Macao.
- Having enormous amount of discipline and drive to cut to rooster weight for Worlds.
- Winning brown belt Worlds a week after tearing my LCL of the knee.
- Winning Asian Open and learning from my open weight loss.
- Overcoming many panic attacks due to a torn ACL.
- Becoming the first Australian to win at Copa Podio, 3 weeks after tearing my ACL.
- Growing my women’s class at Absolute MMA, coaching and teaching privates.
- Watching 3 of my teammates become World Champions this year.
- Being there for Lachie as he graduated from his PhD and became a doctor.
- Seeing the blue belt female team spam the podium at No Gi Worlds – 3 light weight ladies from Absolute won gold, silver and bronze in the same division.
- Getting more confident at leg locks, heel hooks and leg entanglements, and as a result developing my no gi game far beyond what I thought would be possible for me.
- Learning and loving wrestling.
- Having the closest group of friends I have ever had at Absolute South Yarra – I just could not ask for a better team.
As nice and important as it is to reflect on the past, I am way more excited about the future. I have loads of projects on the go and am diving straight into 2017 full of plans, hope and happiness.
I am also looking for sponsorship opportunities for 2017 – if you would like to be part of my team and be on this journey together, shoot me a message.
If you would like to host me for a seminar, I am also available throughout the year.
Happy New Year everyone… hope 2017 will be your best yet.