I will finish up work in about 5 weeks, pack my bags and go live my dream. I have worked and saved hard for this and although the trip will not be as long as we have originally planned for, 8 months of training, travelling and happiness is more than I have ever hoped for.
I truly love the life I have created and it’s about to get even better! That’s a pretty damn good feeling…
Here is our itinerary:
- Oct- Nov 2013 – Melb- LA – training at Cobrinha’s before Mundials, compete No Gi Mundials
- Nov 2013 – LA – San Franciso
- Nov 2013 – SF- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Mexico City (including seeing Monarch butterflies)
- Nov 2013 – Mexico City – Cuba – Costa Rica (3 TOED SLOTHS!!!!)
- Dec 2013 – Ecuador (volcano hikes) – Galapagos Islands (woooo)
- Dec 2013 – Galapagos – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Dec 2013 – May 1014 – training at a different gym/city for about 6 weeks at a time. In between training blocks we will have 1-2 weeks to let our bodies recover and go to the Amazon, Natal, Pantanal, etc. Also planning on competing at the Abu Dhabi Trials in Brazil. Planning to travel all over Brazil!
- May 2014 – Sao Paulo – NYC
- May- June 2014 – make our way from NYC to LA, stopping and training at different gyms. Then compete at the gi Mundials.
- June 2014– HOME TIME
Lachie and I will keep everyone updated via blog and video entries on our trip. After a month or so I am certain my brain will turn to mush so I will be helping Lachie write a Systematic Review. I am also hoping to observe a few physios, especially when in the USA.
If anyone wants to join/visit on any part of the trip, let me know!
I am also looking forward to a month off training after the Mundials. I actually can’t remember when I had a full month off last? Perhaps 10 years ago in my transition from gymnastics to cycling! I will enjoy getting a beer gut 🙂
We are also hoping to create a very exciting life after we return, but more on that later.